Do you want a beautiful and low maintenance home? You can! The secret is the thought and planning you put into designing and organizing each room. Here are some design ideas to make your home as low maintenance as possible.
- Wherever you have the opportunity always choose hanging cabinets and toilets over free standing, it’s a cinch to clean underneath them.
- So too with furniture. Choose Furniture that your broom and mop can easily reach underneath and you don’t have to start schlepping furniture to wash the floors.
- Throw pillows, throw blankets , stuffed animals and all this stuff decorating our couches and furniture should be in moderation. Only have them around if you’re the type that enjoys straightening up!
- Open shelves are both clutter collectors and dust catchers. Be careful where you place them. Doors are always a better option.
- Tiles are usually easy to clean, but the grout in between them is what gets dirty and makes a bad impression. Minimize the amount of grout you need in the kitchen bathroom and even the floors. Consider continuing the countertop up the backsplash instead of tiling, Choose larger tiles for the bathroom and your flooring so that there will be less grout.
- Splurge on highly washable paint for your walls. Its worth every penny.
- Choose kitchen door styles with minimum details, every detail you carve in to your cabinetry needs to be cleaned.
- When choosing countertops and finishings for your kitchen and furniture pick colors with grains and veins in them , this type of coloring hides the dirt well.
- Of course the less accessories you have on display the rest there is to dust.
Yes you can create both a beautiful and an easy to manage home. Contact me for a design consultation or a professional organizing appointment to create the low maintenance home that your family needs.