Do you need more storage space around your home? Who doesn’t! With a bit of creativity and a good design – you can find lots more storage space around your home. Try out some of these newfound storage spaces and get your home organized!
- Use all your wall space. Install shelves or cabinetry up to the ceiling to store your items down below wasting your prime real estate. Purchase a collapsible step ladder to keep around to make those items more accessible
- Transform the inside of the bedroom door and closet doors to create super storage space. With a few hooks, bars and narrow baskets – you can create excellent storage space for jewelry, accessories, and tomorrows outfit
- Do the same to the inside of your kitchen cabinet and pantry doors for spices and food packets
- Utilize the space under your sinks better. Invest in pull out shelves or baskets which make the space more user-friendly
- Do you have a sliver of a wall somewhere? You can purchase a thin storage cart on wheels which fits between the washing machine and the wall. You can put a narrow bookcase and store an overload of barmitzva sefarim next to closets.
- Hang shelves over your toilet and line them with pretty baskets to store extra toiletries and hand towels
- Turn the space under your beds into great storage with a few under the bed boxes on wheels
- Build a boidim – a strong deep shelf which creates a drop ceiling over a section of a room to store items in a discrete area of the houme
- How about around the window? Or over the door? The wall space surrounding your bed? Create a reading nook around a window full of children’s books with the seat under the window. Design a storage closet and night table area in the wall space around and above your bed.
CAUTION- Don’t try all of these ideas. You don’t want your home to look like a machsan or a garage! Contact me to help you make the correct balance.