We get so used to walking around our homes that we don’t notice a lot of the dirt build up in them – even though we are staring at it all day long. Here are areas you should pay attention to weekly or at least monthly.
- Take a look at the inside of your kitchen cabinets. Are they black and grimy? Wipe them down with a baby wipe weekly
- How about the outside of your washing machine? Do you have hardened detergent and finger prints all around. Take one time to scrub off the gook and then every time you throw in a load, just give it quick wipe
- How about those negalvasser cups- ich… those can get really gross looking. Wipe the outside from dirt and the inside from slime and make sure to wipe it down at least once a week
- The same goes for the soap bottle by the kitchen and bathroom sink, wipe of the hardened soap and then wipe it down weekly or even daily
- As long as were speaking about the sinks, every so often pour some bleach down the drain- let it sit there for a few minutes and then follow it up with a negalvasser cup full of boiling water. That should get rid of the slime and smells in the drain
- Now take a look at your fans. The casing of the fans should be cleaned from dust every few months, they will work so much better. If you don’t have enough air blowing into your home when the windows are open, try washing your screens too. You’ll be amazed at the difference
- Ever notice the dirt building up on your light switches? Walk around the house with a wipe and gently wipe the grime off of those too
- Not to mention the tops and frames of wall hangings pictures and mirrors
- Of course it goes without saying that we have tons of dirt hiding under beds and under appliances like the fridge and oven and these should also be cleaned .
Take the time to wipe all these areas down well and then pass on a lot of these jobs to a helpful child once a week. Store a package of wet wipes in many rooms in the house so that you can easily wipe things down without turning it into a project. Getting rid of the dirt in all of these area, keeps your home an enjoyable place to be